AUSTIN, Texas (November 11, 2013) – Nearly 7,000 people turned out for the 12th annual Light the Night Walk benefitting the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society...
Since June 2010, EZCORP Foundation has improved the quality of life for children and youth by granting hundreds of thousands of dollars and volunteer support to non-profit organizations.
Funding Focus Areas
EZCORP Foundation connects children and their families with resources to live healthy and fulfilling lives. In order to do so, we provide funding for organizations that serve the following 3 Program Areas: Basic Needs, Children’s Health and Youth Enrichment.
Children’s Basic Needs: Helping to meet children’s most critical needs so they may learn, develop and grow mentally and physically.
- Focus Area: Hunger Relief – Local food banks, soup kitchens, school- and after-school-based child feeding and nutrition programs, etc.
- Focus Area: Clothing – Clothing, shoes, school supplies and hygiene for low-income children and youth.
- Focus Area: Shelter – Emergency shelter and short-term supportive housing for children and youth.
Children’s Health: Providing access to healthcare and a supportive environment to allow children to reach their full potential.
- Focus Area: Prevention – nutrition education/obesity prevention, promotion of physical activity, prenatal care and early detection of developmental disabilities.
- Focus Area: Access – Critical basic healthcare for low-income children – such as immunizations, dental and vision care, mental healthcare, etc.
- Focus Area: Family Support – care for families with sick children.
Youth Enrichment: Preparing at-risk youth for self sufficient, fulfilling lives.
- Focus Area: Life Skills – Self-esteem/mentoring, trauma/grief counseling, promotion of healthy lifestyle choices
- Focus Area: Drug/Alcohol/Crime/Gang Prevention
Learn about the requirements for consideration of a grant from EZCORP Foundation.
EZCORP Foundation Application criteria
When selecting programs for funding, EZCORP Foundation considers a variety of factors including number of children/youth impacted, financial stability of the organization, request amount as percentage of total organization budget, administrative costs as percentage of total organization budget, and other sources of funding available to the organization. Grants are typically awarded in amounts ranging from $250-$5,000 and occasionally larger amounts.
EZCORP Foundation invests in partnership with our store communities. Contributions are limited to the communities where our employees and customers live and work.
Requirements and Exclusions
- Applicants must have tax-exempt 501(c)(3) status.
- Requests should be submitted in the form of an online application.
EZCORP Foundation does not generally support:
- Grants or loans to individuals.
- Loans to charitable organizations.
- Organizations that exclude participants based on sex, creed, national origin, or religion.
- Grants to public or private schools, including school fundraisers or events (including sports and other extracurricular activities).
- Athletic teams or sports events.
- Tax-generating entities (municipalities, school districts, etc.) for services within their normal responsibilities.
- Public or private institutions for recurrent operating, administrative, or capital expenses (i.e. acquisition, construction, improvement and maintenance of buildings and equipment).
- Advertising or marketing efforts.
- Political, labor, religious, fraternal, or service organizations.
- Application for funding more than once a calendar year.
Apply for Support
Complete an application for support of your non-profit organization focused on children’s basic needs issues.
EZCORP Foundation Application
To submit a grant application, click here and follow the steps outlined below.
1. Upon arriving at the site, please click New Applicant and you will be directed to set up your login information. Once you have an account, you can begin an application for funding
2. To complete the application, first proceed through the short eligibility quiz.
3. You will then be directed to the application where you can follow the prompts for filling in the blanks and also uploading the required documentation. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year, and you will be notified within 60 days of a decision by the EZCORP Foundation Grant Committee.
Past Grant Recipients
Program Area – Basic Needs
- Harvesters Community Food Network
- Kids' Meals, Inc.
- Missouri Food Bank Association
- North Texas Food Bank
- Pilgrim Missionary Baptist Church
- Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma
- Second Harvest
- The Junior League of Austin - FIT Program
- Captain Hope's Kids
- Fort Bend Rainbow Room
- Giving Texas Children Promise
- Shiloh Riders Association
- Alliance for Women and Children
- Austin Children's Shelter
- Aware Central Texas
- Buckner Children and Family Services
- Casa de Esperanza
- Genesis Project
- Genesis Women's Shelter
- Houston Area Women's Center
- Promise House
- Resource and Crisis Center Galveston
- Sacred Heart Children's Home, Inc.
- SafeHouse Denver
- The Ark Assessment Center and Emergency Shelter for Youth
- The Bridge Over Troubled Waters
Program Area – Children's Health
- American Heart Association
- Calm Waters Center for Children and Families, Inc.
- Children’s Heart Foundation
- Children's Cancer Recovery Foundation
- Children's Medical Center Foundation
- Children's Miracle Network
- Dallas Children's Advocacy Center
- Dell Children's Medical Center Foundation
- Denver Children's Advocacy Center
- Driscoll Children's Hopital
- Easter Seals Houston
- Easter Seals Southern Nevada
- Elizabeth Ann Seton Board
- Gabby Krause Foundation
- Make A Wish Foundation of the Rio Grande Valley
- March of Dimes Austin Division
- McMasters Children's Hospital
- Memorial Hermann Foundation
- Nevada Children’s Center
- RMHC of the Rio Grande Valley
- RMHC Winter Park Florida
- Ronald McDonald House - Toronto
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Austin & Central Texas
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Denver
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Tulsa
- Ronald McDonald House Houston
- Ronald McDonald House Mexico - Delegacion Tlalpan, Mexico
- Shorkey Center
- Texas Children's Hospital
- Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children
- The Dr. Jay Charitable Foundation
- The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
- There With Care
Program Area – Youth Enrichment
- African American Men and Boys Harvest Foundation, Inc.
- American Red Cross of South Texas
- Austin Children's Museum
- Austin Partners in Education
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Texas
- Boys and Girls Club of Abilene
- Boys and Girls Club of Central Texas
- Boys and Girls Club of McAllen
- Boys and Girls Club of Northwest Indiana
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Canada
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Greater Dallas
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Greater Houston
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Las Vegas
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Pikes Peak
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Tampa Bay
- Boys and Girls Clubs of the Austin Area
- Boys and Girls Harbor
- Candlelight Ranch
- Child Focus, Inc.
- Children's Home Society of Florida
- First Tee of Greater Houston
- First Tee of South Dakota
- Florence Crittenton Services
- Girls on the Run of Austin
- Hands On Texarkana
- Hollywood Jaycees
- New Hope Charities Inc.
- Palmer Drug Abuse Program
- SA Youth
- Seedling Foundation
- South Central Community Services, Inc.
- Star of Hope Mission
- TDC Learning Centers
- The ARC of Ft Bend County
- The Arc of Greater Houston
- The First Tee of Atlanta
- The First Tee of Denver
- The First Tee of Green Valley Ranch
- The First Tee of Hampton Roads
- YMCA of Greater Houston- Tellepsen